If you’ve felt like I was blogging but not really present during May, it was because we were busy accomplishing lots and my brain was not in write mode. I’ve made a list of our major accomplishments this month for you in order of their occurance.
1. Ran The Lincoln Half Marathon – If you’ve never done it, you should put it on your to do list. It’s a fabulous time and you’ll want to do it again after you do it once. Just run it slow the first time so you can easily beat your time the next time. It’s annoying to barely beat your time.
2. Donated Blood – I didn’t have this in my original list, but then I saw it in the county paper. “Julie was a first time donor.” I had no idea that was newspaper worthy news; but if it’s newspaper worthy, it must be blog worthy.
3. Celebrated 10 Years of Wedded Bliss – Brad actually said he thinks I look better now than when we met. What a nice guy.
4. Participated in the Community Garage Sale – We don’t have neighborhood sales in this country. Entire towns have sales. It was a great time! I always like it when people give me money.
5. Celebrated Wyatt’s Birthday – I’ll tell you where we went another day.
8. Harvested Something From Our Garden – Those radishes are fast growers.
Any of those you’d like to hear more about?
I thank God for the ability to run and give blood, for my husband and children, for having so much I need to sell some of it, for helping me survive a school year working with elementary students, and for soil to grow corn and a garden.
Now for getting ready to accomplish many things this summer. I see a lot of drive time in my future with trips to at least Kansas City, Sioux Falls, Lincoln and Denver! I’m looking forward to all of it!