Remember when I had to help with getting an auger out of the combine?  Several days ago, I got to help put it back in the shaft. It was a challenge, but we managed. Brad had put flighting on the auger, and it now looked like this:

auger with flighting

Because it’s a used combine the auger edges were worn out. Instead of getting a new auger, Brad put the flighting on and it’s as good as new. This auger was one that moves the corn up to the bin in the combine. He then went to work on the auger that takes it out of the combine. It looked in desperate need of some flighting.

chewed up auger

worn augerNow our combine is more efficient. That can help make up for some of the operator error.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s